Non-Candy Easter Basket Fillers for Kids

I love shopping for Easter baskets! I’ll buy the required chocolate bunny (a small, hollow one) and jelly beans, but for the most part I like to steer away from candy, which is pretty easy to do since there are so many fun things to buy for the kids for Spring. Here are some ideas for non-candy Easter basket fillers your little ones will love:

• Bubbles
  • Stickers or temporary tattoos
  • Birdhouse or birdfeeder
  • Rain accessories – boots, raincoat, or umbrella
  • Sand toys
  • Sandals
  • Books
  • Bath toys or bubble bath
  • Chalk
  • Sunglasses
  • Playsilks
  • Rainmaker
  • Hand puppets or finger puppets
  • Art supplies or crafting items – paints, brushes, glue, scissors, coloring books, blank books
  • Magnifying glass
  • Flashlight
  • Kite or ball
  • Sun hat or baseball cap
  • Dress up clothes or accessories
  • Toothbrush (with a favorite character on it)
  • Silly straws, sandwich cutters, reusable snack bags or sandwich wraps

What great non-candy items will you be using to fill your child’s Easter basket?

8 Responses to Non-Candy Easter Basket Fillers for Kids
  1. Joslyn Gould
    March 28, 2012 | 8:45 pm

Nightgowns with their favorite character (or pajamas for boys) are for this year, last year they got kid sized kitchen aprons for when the help bake, and we always include hair accessories.

• toddlingaroundchicagoland
      March 31, 2012 | 9:33 pm

I love the pajamas idea; my kids could probably use some so I may just do that too! Aprons & hair accessories are good too.

2. Angie
    March 29, 2012 | 2:20 pm

We always include a new swimsuit.

3. Erika
    March 30, 2012 | 2:02 pm

Great list! Thank you! We might get the kids each a favorite movie on DVD and some art supplies:)

4. Mel S
    April 2, 2012 | 9:19 pm

Awesome list! I am so tired of candy being part of every holiday. I found some of that scratch paper at Lake Shore Learning that starts out black but different colors are revealed when the child scratches out a design. I plan on using that as part of my daughter’s basket this year.

• toddlingaroundchicagoland
      April 2, 2012 | 11:15 pm

I agree! We have a candy bowl and it’s constantly full – Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, Easter… Totally unnecessary! Those scratch sheets look like fun. I bet your daughter will love them :)