Dates and Times: Saturday, May 5, 2012 from noon to 8:00 pm, Sunday, May 6 from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Price: Discounted tickets available online.
- Day Pass – $10 online, $15 at door – includes Eco totebag (while supplies last)
- Weekend Pass – $15 online, $25 at door – includes $5 GF Bucks to spend at the event, Eco totebag (while supplies last)
- Festival Fun Pass – $49 online, $65 at door – includes 2 weekend passes, 2 Eco totebags (while supplies last), 2 Green Festival recycled cotton t-shirts, and 2 drink tickets to the Green Festival Organic Fair Trade Cafe
- Seniors and student with valid ID receive online price at the door
- FREE admission to: children 18 & under, bicyclist using bike valet, Green Festival volunteers, Green America and Global Exchange members, Union members with card
- Marketplace of more than 350 eco-friendly businesses
- An organic beer, mead, and wine pavilion
- DIY workshops
- T.H.R.E.A.D.S. Eco-Fashion Show
- 125 speakers
- “Eco-Crafts for Spring Time”
- Story time, lead by Chicago author Alexandra Groske, with games and a talk about how simple actions matter in her, “How to Be a Superhero for Planet Earth” – Saturday at 2:00 pm and Sunday at 3:00 pm.
- Getting active with yoga and balance boards and beams; Bubbles Academy, Teres Kids, and Balance Boards and Beams will lead the younger crowds in fun exercise and movement.
- Sunday only, Mellissa MacGaill of Purple Asparagus will demonstrate a fun, healthy meal that gets kids and parents cooking together.
- “Natures Creatures Animal Show” – Erin Yanz will bring an assortment of rescued animals and through stories and demonstrations will teach families to be more responsible in their pet choices.
- Saturday at 2:00 pm, Reed Alexander from Kewl Bites will make an appearance and speak about creating food standards in schools.