If you’re a regular reader of Toddling Around Chicagoland you may have noticed the Joslyn’s Journey button in the sidebar before. My friend Joslyn is planning to walk in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer on June 2nd and 3rd in Chicago.
This cause is especially important to me because I have had three family members diagnosed with breast cancer within the past few years. According to BreastCancer.org, about 1 in 8 women will develop invasive breast cancer in their lifetime.
Here’s a little information about the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer from their site:
- Participants walk up to 39 miles in two days.
- Each participant must raise at least $1,800.
- The money raised is invested into the area where the walk is held, so the majority of funds raised by Joslyn and other Chicago walkers will benefit the Chicago area.
- The money is used to provide access to care for those who need it, fund educational programs, and accelerate research into new treatments and potential cures.
Here’s why Joslyn is participating in the Walk:
“I am a mom now. I have two beautiful daughters that I want to watch grow up and live wonderful, fullfilling, and productive lives. I want them to be healthy, socially aware, and know that they can make a difference. By participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, I am hoping that a cure can be found so that my children, and millions of other women across the world, never have to be affected by this disease.”
Although she’s only required to raise $1,800, Joslyn’s person goal is to raise $2,000 and she’s almost halfway there. Please take a minute to visit Joslyn’s Journey, her page about her participation in the Avon Walk.
Here is how you can help her reach her goal and help fight breast cancer:
- Make a donation – no matter how small, to help her reach her goal and to help fight breast cancer.
- Test drive a Cadillac & Cadillac will donate $50 - Participate in the Cadillac “Drive Up Your Fundraising” Promotion – Test drive a Cadillac at a participating dealership on April 14 or April 21, give them Joslyn’s participant number – #241472 – and $50 will be donated to her fund! That’s $50 for each person who gets behind the wheel and you don’t have to pay a dime!