Are your kids LEGO fans? Mine are, and I’m not afraid to admit that my husband and I love LEGOs too. We’re all looking forward to LEGO KidsFest, which will be in Milwaukee this weekend, June 15-17. Have you purchased your tickets yet? Read my previous post about LEGO KidsFest Milwaukee for all the details about this exciting event!
Here are some fun facts about LEGOs:
- More than 400 billion LEGO® bricks have been produced since 1949.
- The LEGO® minifigure represents the world’s largest population of people! Over 4 billion minifigures have been produced in the last 30 years. This is almost 12 times the population of the United States.
- LEGO® minifigures are out of this world, literally. The 2 Mars Rovers have an image of the LEGO® minifigure etched into their front grill.
- Approximately 7 LEGO® sets are sold each second.
- There are about 62 LEGO® bricks for every one of the world’s 6 billions inhabitants.
- Laid end to end, the number of LEGO® bricks sold in a year would reach more than 5 times around the world.
- The are 915 million ways to combine six eight-stud LEGO® bricks.
- Children around the world spend 5 billion hours a year playing with LEGO® bricks.
- With a production of about 306 million tires produced a year, the LEGO® group is the largest producer of tires in the world.
- LEGO® is the contraction of two Danish words, “Leg Godt” which means “play well”.
- Nineteen billion LEGO® elements are produced every year. Every hour, 2.16 million LEGO® elements are molded, or 36,000 per minute.
I am receiving complimentary tickets to the LEGO KidsFest in Milwaukee. Information about has been provided by LEGO KidsFest. Any opinions expressed are my own.