Santa’s Village AZoosment Park – 2012 Season – website
Hours: Santa’s Village is closed on Tuesdays. Hours vary by day and according to school schedule. See the calendar online for hours.
Admission: $17.75/person, ages 3 & up; children 2 & under are free, $14.75/senior (65+). Active duty military with ID admitted free.
- $5 off coupon good from July 1-8. Print one coupon for each person!
- Late Day Super Saver – $10 admission on weekdays after 3 pm, weekends and holidays after 4pm
- On Mondays from June 11 through August 13 bring 2 cans of food per person to save $3.00 on admission. Food will be donated to the Northern Illinois Food Bank.
- Santa’s Super Saver Family Package – (available only at the admission gate) $68.95 for 2 admissions, $20 in Caribou Cash to spend in the park, and 2 refillable cups (unlimited free refills first day, $1 refills after that). Individual add-on – $34.48 for one admission, $10 in Caribou Cash, and 1 refillable cup.
- Caribou Family Package – (available only online) $49.35 for 2 admissions and $20 in Caribou Cash to spend in the park; $24.65 to add on an additional admission and $10 more in Caribou Cash
- Season Pass – Unlimited admission all summer long! $179 for a family of 4 and $45 for each additional family member.
Parking:There is a large lot with free parking.
Nursing: There is a mother’s room with a few couches for comfortable nursing.
Handicapped/stoller accessibility: The grounds are pretty accessible, as are the bathrooms. I think it would be easy to manage a stroller. Although there isn’t designated stroller parking, there are places to park them near the rides. I can’t really speak to the handicapped accessibility of the rides; I’d suggest calling first to ask about that.
- Santa’s Village AZoosment Park offers party packages and group rates.
- Kids can also get airbrushed temporary tattoos or have their face painted (additional cost).
- Arctic Circle Ice Cream Shop
- Ginger Bread Cafe
- Skeemer’s Snack Shack
- Reindeer Ridge Bar & Grill
- Tinselbella’s Treats
- Jed’s Country Drive-In
- Picnic areas – Food can be brought into the park. Small coolers without wheels can be brought in. Grills or heating devices are not allowed.
Special events: There is a special events calendar available online. Here are some upcoming events:
- Saturday, July 7 – Radio Disney, and a chance to win tickets to see the Wiggles (2-3:30pm)
- Wednesday, July 25 and Thursday, July 26 – Meet Spongebob (noon-5pm)
A map of the park is available online.
- Rides – Parents can ride along on AZoosment’s Country Carousel, Dragon Coaster, Krinkle’s Convoy, Tilt-A-Whirl, Star Jets, Balloon Race, Jed’s Country Cruisers, SVFD Engine #3, and the Sea Dragon (currently closed for ride enhancements). The Space Invasion, Kiddie Whip Ride, Midge-O-Racers, and Kiddie Ferris Wheel are for kids only. The Santa’s Slide is a tree house with a long slide. Some rides do have height requirements (most require that riders be under a certain height).
- Animals – There are several different areas with animals: the koi pond, Scales & Tails, Deer Area, Tortoise Island, Reindeer Ridge, a petting zoo with pony rides, and the new Parakeet Paradise. There is also a Sleigh Ride for adults and children.
- Games – There is an entire section of the park devoted to carnival style games.
- Live shows – KidsBucks Game Show at noon, Exotic Animal Show at 1:30 pm, Mystical Magic Show at 2:30 pm, and Animal Show at 3:30 pm.
We paid: We received a complimentary family season pass. Although there was a preseason discount on season passes, they are currently priced at $179.00 for unlimited admission throughout the 2012 season.
I was provided a family season pass for four. The opinions expressed are my own.