When Cooper was a baby and toddler, before Dexter and Campbell came along, I spent a lot of time at home with him. I wasn’t used to being home on weekdays and I was new to the whole mommy thing and I had a hard time finding stuff to do and places to go. I wish SpotOn.it was around then.
SpotOn.it is a site that looks a little like Pinterest at first glance, but instead of being for cute craft projects you’ll never get around to, or planning your fantasy wedding/house/vacation, it’s for finding fun activities right here in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.
SpotOn.it has several things that will help you fill your calendar with fun activities:
- Connect your SpotOn.it account to your Google calendar – SpotOn.it recommends activities that would be of interest to you in the free time you have in your schedule.
- Explore – Search for events by date, time, distance from an address, and keyword. You can like an events, add it to your calendar, or add it to a wishlist.
- Wishlists – Not ready to put something on your calendar just yet? You can create wishlists of events to share with your followers and save for the future.
Check out a few of my wishlists – FREE Fun, Fresh Air Fun, Kid-Free Fun.
- Spot – SpotOn.it has an extension you can add on Google Chrome. When you’re visiting a website with an event you like you click on the blue spot on your toolbar and you can add the event directly to your Google calendar.
- Streams – Subscribe to a stream for an entire set of events, such as events from a particular venue or business.
- Submit events – Planning a great event, or just know of one? Submit the link to be listed on SpotOn.it.
Follow me on SpotOn.it! I have over 30 wishlists of interesting events for families, kids, and parents.
Have you tried SpotOn.it? What wishlist would you like to create?