In my previous life (before kids), I was a lawyer and I worked representing abused, neglected, and dependent children. Most of my job was ensure that my clients received all the services they needed, and since a lot of my clients had special needs there were a lot of services to be coordinated – physical, educational, therapeutic, and social.
Families of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders often have similar difficulties. The Autism Family Center in Winnetka was created to resolve these issues by providing a wide range of services provided my a team of providers in a single location.
Chances are, you know a family affected by an Autism Spectrum Disorder. The number of children diagnosed as grown significantly in recent years and the cost (both financially and emotionally) can be staggering.
The Autism Family Center offers services for children on the Autism spectrum, their parents or caregivers, and their siblings:
- Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders – assessment & diagnosis, applied behavioral analysis, individual therapy, and group therapy
- Parents & Caregivers – individual counseling, couples counseling, low-cost group counseling, and individual parenting coaching
- Siblings – individual counseling, family counseling, low-cost group counseling
Additional support available:
- ABA for adults with ASD
- Individual behavior therapy for adults with ASD
- Group therapy for adults with ASD
- Art therapy
- School consultation
- Nanny training
- Child care and music therapy coming soon
- Special events and services, including an Oral Hygiene Workshop with Pediatric Dentist Dr. Suzy Pope on September 28.
For more information, visit the Autism Family Center website.