I’m not a big fan of grocery shopping and, although I like cooking when I can relax and enjoy it, I don’t enjoy the dinnertime scramble every night. As a result, I like to do a lot of shopping all at once and I often try to make enough food for dinner so we can have leftovers for another night. Of course, this means I need an easy way to keep food fresh. Ozeri Instav food storage containers definitely fit the bill! I got to try these out and they make food storage easy and safe, and they keep food really fresh.
Ozeri Instavac storage containers have some features that are really unique that make them especially good for keeping food fresh.
- Instavac seal – With just a push on the lid you vacuum seal the container. The air comes out of the one way valve. To release the seal you simply lift the valve. Ozeri offers this Instavac seal because removing extra air can slow the growth of naturally occurring bacteria, keeping your food fresh longer.
- Wave pattern – The bottom of each Ozeri container has a unique wave design. It’s pretty cute, but the real reason for it is that it keeps cut fruits and vegetables elevated so they’re not sitting in excess water or juice.
- Dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe – Wow. Although I have Corningware that can be used in all three places too, it’s really heavy and can be inconvenient. I love that these pieces can be so versatile.
- BPA-free, stain resistant, shatterproof, and transparent.
- Containers nest for easy storage.
- Date dial – There is a small green dial on the lid of each of the containers so you can keep track of when the food was stored.
I love all the features Ozeri offers. My favorite features are the wave design (I think these will be perfect for all our watermelon in the summer), the date dial (seriously, why does this not come on every kind of storage container?), and the nesting for storage. Not only do these nest like many storage containers do, but they nest with the lids on! I am pleased with our Ozeri containers. The Instav seal is a nice feature and it does remove lots of excess air, but the seal does not always stay sealed for the full duration of the storage. The seal will not remove all air and often popped up sometime during the storage, but I think it does help keep food fresher a little longer than your standard food storage containers.
Right now you can purchase an Ozeri INSTAVAC Green Earth Food Storage Container Set, BPA-Free 8-Piece Nesting Set with Vacuum Seal and Locking Lids. on Amazon for only $24.95 (marked down from $49.95)!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.