With cool weather it’s the perfect time for a trip to Santa’s Village! You might think of an amusement (or AZoosment, in this case) park as a summer activity, but Santa’s Village is open on the weekends until the end of October. That’s a lot of time for taking kids on rides you remember from the original Santa’s Village, visiting the animals, and trying out new attractions.
Santa’s Village AZoosment Park is open on weekends and on Columbus Day from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. There will be a few special events during the month of September:
- September 13 & 14 – Red, White & Zoo – Military and first responders receive free admission with a current, active-duty ID. “HOTT Productions Dance” will perform at 11:30 am.
- September 20 – Touch a Truck and live entertainment from “Aragona Dance” at 11:30 am.
Santa’s Village added some fun new attractions this year.
- Mining Company – Purchase your mining materials and then sluice through the mining company operation. Miners can purchase a 2 lb Prospector bag for $5, a 3 lb Paydirt bag for $7, or a 5 lb Emerald Strike bag for $11.
- Wildcat Roller Coaster – This full sized roller coaster can be found behind the fun house and the SVFD Engine #3 ride. Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to try out the Wildcat. It’s been closed the few times that we’ve visited. I’m hoping it’ll be open the next time we go.
- Deer & Wildlife Park – The Deer and Wildlife Park lets you get up close with deer, camels, and other animals. They are behind a fence, but food is available for purchase so you can feed them and pet them. The main entrance to the Deer & Wildlife Park is near the Tilt-A-Whirl, and it exits at the petting zoo.
This is a new ride in the works. It’s not open yet but it looks like it’ll be fun!
If you have a great time, remember that you can purchase you 2015 season pass now. The pass pays for itself in just three visits!
Have you visited Santa’s Village AZoosment Park this season? What’s your favorite attraction there?