Thanksgiving is always a great reminder to be thankful for all the wonderful things we have, and right near the top of my list are all of the wonderful friends we have.
Netflix Streaming has some really fun movies and shows that celebrate friendship. I try to be careful about how much tv my children watch, and choosy about the shows they see. I love that Netflix has lots of shows that model great friendships.
For young kids:
1. Bob and Larry: VeggieTales in the House
2. Bert and Ernie: Sesame Street: Elmo and Friends
3. Bo and Dezzy: Bo on the Go!
4. Justin and Olive: Justin Time
5. Tod and Copper: The Fox and the Hound 2
6. Clifford and Elizabeth: Clifford
Campbell is becoming a big fan of Sesame Street, especially Elmo. He’s learning songs and dances, and I’m hoping some of the other lessons start to sink in, too, especially sharing!
We’ve been big fans of Veggie Tales too, and now we have a new one to watch because Veggie Tales in the House, a Netflix original, just came out on Netflix Streaming on November 26. If you’re looking to celebrate the release of the new Veggie Tales, try out these Vegetable Stamps.
For older kids:
1. Phineas and Ferb
2. Shaggy and Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
3. Vada and Thomas: My Girl
4. Martin and Chris: Wild Kratts
5. Finn and Jake: Adventure Time
6. Mario and Luigi: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
7. Charlotte and Wilbur: Charlotte’s Web
Cooper and Dexter (and John and I) love Phineas and Ferb. I love that Phineas and Ferb always work together, and even though their sister is always trying to bust them, they have a great relationship with her, too. There’s a lot of age-appropriate humor and Phineas and Ferb always use their imagination.
We tried out Adventure Time, but it’s a bit too old for my kids right now. I definitely think they’ll like it when they’re older.
For Mom & Dad:
1. Rory and Lorelai: Gilmore Girls
2. Schmidt and Nick: New Girl
3. Ted and Barney: How I Met Your Mother
4. Liz and Jack: 30 Rock
5. Walter and Jesse: Breaking Bad
6. Mulder and Scully: The X-Files
7. Wayne and Garth: Wayne’s World
I’ve watched them all and some of my favorite shows are included in that list. I never really thought about it before, but part of the reason I love those shows so much is the awesome friendships the characters have. In some, the characters are so similar (like Rory and Lorelai, and Wayne and Garth), but all of the other pairs are really very different from each other. Despite all of their differences, and maybe a little bit because of them, they develop amazing relationships.
What are your favorite tv or movie friendships?