Chicago has some great holiday festivals! Most of these run for several days or even all month so there’s plenty of time to visit. You can also see my previous posts in this series, Holiday Lights, Holiday Meals (Dining with Santa), and Holiday Performances. Later today I’ll be posting about Holiday Family Fun.
14. Celebrate the Season Holiday Festival at Cantigny Park – Tree-lighting ceremony, Mistletoe Market, live reindeer, Santa & Mrs. Claus, sleigh rides, and more.
- When: December 6
- Where: Cantigny Park in Winfield
- Cost: Admission is free; parking is $5
15. Holiday Bricktacular at the Legoland Discovery Center – Winter-themed additions to Miniland, learn how to build a Lego gingerbread house, take a festive factory tour, and more.
- When: December 6 through January 4
- Where: Legoland Discovery Center in Schaumburg
- Cost: $18 per person, or $16 if purchased online. Discounted tickets after 3:00 pm.
16. Holiday Magic at Brookfield Zoo – Over 1,000,000 LED lights, ice carving, Santa & Mrs. Claus, singing to the animals, and more.
- When: December 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 26-31
- Where: Brookfield Zoo
- Cost: $15 for adult, $10.50 for children when purchased online
17. Christmas Around the World at the Museum of Science & Industry – More than 50 trees and decorations, plus dance and choir groups performing.
- When: November 13 through January 4
- Where: Museum of Science & Industry
- Cost: $18 for adults, $11 for children 3-11
18. Winter Wonderfest at Navy Pier – Over 25 rides and activities, including an ice rink, meetings with Santa, an indoor ferris wheel, and much more.
- When: December 5 through January 11
- Where: Navy Pier
- Cost: $3.75-$22.50 if purchased online, $5-$25 for walk up purchases.
19. Blackberry Farm Holiday Express – The Holiday Express train has music, lights, storytelling, a hayride, and Santa.
- When: December 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, & 21
- Where: Blackberry Farm in Aurora
- Cost: General admission is $8 for adults, $7 for children. Holiday Express is $5 per person.