Happy birthday Dr. Seuss!
The Toddling family loves Dr. Seuss, and today is his birthday. If you’re looking to celebrate you could:
- Read some Dr. Seuss book (Oh, The Places You’ll Go! and Horton Hears a Who are favorites of ours)
- Watch a Seuss movie: How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Horton Hears a Who, or The Lorax
- Celebrate with a special meal. We made some Green Eggs & “Ham” a while back
- Attend a Seuss event:
- Tonight at 7:00 pm the Barnes & Noble at Oakbrook Center will be hosting a special storytime that will include readings of all-time favorites The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, and Oh! The Places You’ll Go! After the story, they’ll sing happy birthday and celebrate with cupcakes, crafts and games.
- On Saturday, March 7, the Oakbrook Center the members of Pi Beta Phi Alumnae Clubs will be hosting their annual Bookfair for Literacy at the Barnes & Noble at Oakbrook Center. The “Cat in the Hat” himself will be at the store along with plenty of Dr. Seuss-themed games, readings, contests, drinks and all around fun!
- On March 28 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm, Open Books in River North will be hosting their Dr. Seuss Day with a colorful celebration! Families are welcome to drop by Open Books River North (213 W. Institute Place) for coloring activities, readings, cake, and a 20% discount on children’s books—plus an interactive story time from the Mad Hatters, and Seussical crafts from Wishcraft Workshop.