Time is running out. Mother’s Day is not just around the corner, it’s careening toward us. Need some ideas for planning a special day for the mom in your life or are you a mom planning your own special day? Or suggests for gifts moms will love AND use? Check out my suggestions below.
- Cirque du Soliel’s LUZIA: A Waking Dream of Mexico opens under the Big Top in the United Center’s parking lot on July 21. Take advantage of their Mother’s Day offer to save 20% on tickets for mom and the rest of the family. (Or buy tickets for a special mom’s night out!) Family Packs are also available, or enhance your experience by purchasing the VIP Package.
- Pie in the Sky at Skydeck Chicago provides a unique Chicago VIP experience – a lunch or dinner catered by Giordano’s Pizza with a unique view of the city from above. Advanced reservations are required. Lunch is at Noon on the 99th floor for $80 per person and includes a Fast Pass to the 103rd floor, and dinner is at 10:30 pm on the 103rd floor for $100 per person. A very limited number of reservations are available to ensure a true VIP experience.
- Send mom soaring at iFly in Naperville, Rosemont, or the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago. Save $50 on Family or Take Flight Return packages when you book or purchase a voucher by May 14, 2017 and use the code MOM17.
Everyone loves a new electronic toy, but these Amazon products will be the gift that keeps on giving because mom will use them every. day. to make her life a little easier. (Note: Links below are affiliate links, meaning that purchasing through these links costs you nothing additional, but helps to support Toddling Around Chicagoland. Thanks!)
- Echo Show has just been introduced and it’s the newest in Amazon’s line of voice-activated smart devices. Echo Show offers some of the same features of the original Echo and Echo Dot – it can play streaming music, answer questions, provide weather reports, and allow you to create lists and place orders with Amazon. However, the Echo Show adds a screen, making it capable of showing you rather than just telling you. Make hands-free video calls, watch YouTube videos, see song lyrics, and view photos. Add compatible components and you can even control lights and thermostat, and view the nursery or front door. The Echo Show is currently available for pre-order at $229.99 and will arrive on the release date of June 28, 2017. (Don’t worry – Mom won’t mind waiting a bit to be the first on the block with this great toy!) Buy one for your mother and mother-in-law, or one for a special mother and another for yourself with the current Buy 2, Save $100 deal – use promo code SHOW2PACK.
- Save $30 on the Echo.
- $25 off the Fire HD.
- Save on Kindles, with 20% off top Kindle models; save more with Kindle bundles.
- $1.99 for Dash Buttons. These are normally $4.99. Purchase a Dash button for products you need regularly, stick the button in a convenient spot, and just click to order!